THE ROYAL GOLDEN JUBILEE PH.D. PROGRAMME : SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ASEAN STUDENTS (RGJ –ASEAN) YEAR 2019 (Apply Now)
The Royal Golden Jubilee Ph.D. Programme is a prestigious scholarship scheme funded by the Thailand Research Fund under the Royal Thai government. The scheme was initiated in 1996 to increase the number of Ph.D. holders and enhance the quality and quantity of research for the sustainable development of the nation. RGJ provides students with full scholarship to pursue Ph.D. study in Thailand.Starting in 2017, students from ASEAN countries (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, and Brunei) can also apply for a full RGJ scholarship to pursue full-time doctoral studies in Thailand.
- Academic disciplinesThis program is opened to all disciplines. Two types of scholarship are offered:
- A five year full scholarship program for candidate who is pursuing doctoral degree starting with Bachelor,
- A three year full scholarship program for candidate who is pursuing doctoral degree starting with Master.
- Qualifications and duration of studies
- Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- be a citizen from one of the ASEAN countries (Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, and Brunei)
- be under 40 years of age
- have bachelor’s degree and graduate within the first 35% of class ranking (for those who will be pursuing Ph.D. with the Bachelor) OR
- have bachelor’s degree and graduate within the first 35% of class ranking AND
- have master’s degree with a GPA of ≥ 3.20 (from a total of 4.0)
- be fluent in writing and speaking English as courses are conducted in English (applicants must submit TOEFL or IELTS score)
The ASEAN grantees are required to publish a research paper in an international journal in on of the following database:
- Web of Science
|1. Tuition fee and Research expenses
||up to 130,000 THB/year
|2. Reserve fund*
|3. Monthly allowance
||up to 156,000 THB/year
|For Thai advisor|
||30,000 THB/year + 50,000 (final)
|2. Travel expenses**
|Total budget (3 years)
||up to 1,122,000 THB
||up to 1,822,000 THB
* The reserve fund can be requested for tuition fee and research expense during scholarship extension period.
** The students can request the fund for research presentation at international conference abroad.
Contact : email@example.com